Sadly this is currently very relevant. While our challenges are designed to be fun for you and your horse, this one adds a reminder of the difficult situation that we all face together. (While we normally have ridden options, this challenge will need to be performed with your horse on a lead rope or at liberty)
Get yourself ready to go out
- Place 2 lead ropes or poles or cones out on the ground parallel to each other and 6 feet/2m apart. Your horse must stand quietly behind one ‘barrier’ while you stand behind the other.
- If you are using a lead rope, it should be placed over your horses shoulders or left on the ground
- Pick up a pair of gloves and put them on while your horse stands politely
Get your horse ready to go out
- Your horse should stand politely as you put boots/bandages/socks on 2 legs
Keep your distance
- Set up two lines 6ft/2m apart. You can use jump poles or cones or rope on the ground for a distance of 5m/16ft
- You walk to one side of your line while your horse walks outside the opposite line so that you maintain a distance of 2m/6ft all the way.
Wave for help
- Pick up a flag and hold it out on the opposite side of your horse.
- Standing beside your horse, wave the flag in the air to signal that you need help.
Go get supplies
- Put a saddle or roller on your horse and attach 2 shopping bags, one either side, while your horse stands quietly beside you without moving.
- Add 3 items to each bag. Any ‘groceries’ or toilet roll will do!!!!!
Deliver your supplies
- Walk at least 6m/20ft with your grocery bags on your horse
- Remove or unpack the bags while your horse stands quietly without moving.
You’re too close
- Set up a target, cone, box, mat, etc at a distance of 6ft/2m from where you are standing.
- Send your horse to touch the target.
- You can use a nose target such as a cone, or a foot target such as a mat for this one.
Have fun with your horse, keep up the social distancing and stay safe!